Kalarpana – Institute of Bharatanatyam
In 1994, Shobana founded a school for Classical Bharatanatyam dance in Chennai – Kalarpana.
Kalarpana Trust, located in Alwarpet, trains 200 students in Bharatanatyam, Mohini Attam and Nattuvangam. Her students are Scholarship holders of the Centre for Culture and Resources – Central Government, Yuva Kala Bharati Award from Sri Krishna Gana Sabha and the Laya Kishora Sundaram.
- Minimal age of the student for joining would be 5 years.
- It will be mandatory to commence the lessons at Kalarpana from the very first lesson (beginner’s level). Each student will be considered as a fresher at Kalarpana irrespective of their age and previous training, as we need the student to learn our style.
- Promotion depends on how fast the individual progresses, i.e. based on individual performance and does not depend on the performance of the batch.
- Senior disciples will be taking the classes for beginners.
Application from outstation:Applications are invited from outstation. You can send your applications by post to our contact address and are requested to include the following details: a) Biodata b) Recent passport size colour photograph c) Colour photograph in dance costume, if available
FEE STRUCTURE: Rs:1000/- per month
TERMS: i) January to April (4 months) – Rs:4000/- ii) June to December (7 months) – Rs:7000/-
- Classes are taken on SATURDAY, SUNDAY, TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY.
- Classes for the NEW JOINEES on THURSDAY and FRIDAY (evening 4.30 pm for the younger ones and from 4.45 pm for the rest).
- Mohini Attam classes are offered during the day time.
Students selected to join Kalarpana must pay the Term Fees in the first month of every term and pay the Registration fees on the date of joining.
NOTE: There are no short-term courses available e.g. 3 months, 6 months, 12 months.
No.15, Sriman Srinivasan Road, Alwarpet, Chennai – 600018, Tamilnadu, INDIA +91-9282401135 Email: kalarpana(at)gmail(dot)com
View Kalarpana - Institute of Bharatanatyam in a larger map