- Indian express – Shobana Live in Broadway
- Her movements, laced with grace and agility and backed by the well-coordinated accompaniment came as a whiff of fresh air to the audience and their response was ample evidence to it – Apr. 8, 2002
- Shobana performed with utmost concentration serenity & Splendor - Feb. 25, 1996
- Her delicate Gestures and facial expressions inter woven by explosive dance movements interpreting the music & lyrics with great Fluidity - May 1990.
- At times this danseuse was pure poetry in motion, the supple body & the graceful movement all-adding to the viewers delight.
Indian Express, Calicut. Dec.23, 1994
- Shobana’s style was flawless & her rhythmic sense & posture exemplorary. The thodi varnam - Roompamu Jochi, was the touchstone of Shobana dancing prowess & she came out with flying colours in this item, both executing the intricate foot work patterns with clarity as well as her eloquent expressions in describing the beauty of Lord Shiva.
Deccan Chronicle, March 22nd 1992.
- Shobana proves that she is no mean teacher.
Leela Venkatraman – The Hindu
- The foundation of the dance production retains the classicism and where the edifice is a built up eclectic experience.
Rupa Srikant, The Hindu
- Shobana excels in sringara subbudu Mastery over the idiom reaching out to the general public.
- Joy of Indian dance captured in all its glory.
margeret Putnam, Dallas Morning News
- She sparkles like a world famous sapphire.
- An aesthetic vision of a moving sculpture.
- A Blazing star of Dance.
The Advertiser. Adelaide.
- Shobana’s performance revealed her mastery over the idiom.
Subbudu, The Indian Express, Dec. 1992.
- With Precise and controlled movements Shobana imparts to her dance a sense of geometry and perfection.
Chitra Mahesh. The Hindu – 1992.
- Mature and Soulful performance by Shobana at Surya.
Sunil Kothari, The Hindustan Times.
- Shobana presented the entire Ramayana with wonderful abhinaya, The Addavu, Jathi & Thermanam were impressive. Shobana has good rhythmic sense and thalakattu.
Jayalakshmi, Madras Mail.